Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford F350 SuperDuty Pickup 4x4 2006 F 350 DIESEL LARIAT....BOUNCES

2006 F 350 DIESEL LARIAT....BOUNCES GOING DOWN THE CONCRETE FREEWAY BETWEEN 40 AND 70 MPH...NOT SHIMMY..FRONT END BOUNCE....TIRE PRESSURE IS CORRECT..EVERYTHING IS STOCK, STRAIGHT FROM FORD, BRAND NEW WHEN WE BOUGHT IT IN 2006...HAS DONE THIS FROM THE VERY BEGINNING....DEALER SAYS NOTHING IS WRONG...WHAT GIVES?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Does this occur more with weight in the bed or with a trailer attached?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WHEN TOWING OUR JEEP...NOT AS MUCH, BUT THE BOUNCE IS STILL THERE BETWEEN 40 AND 70 MPH. WHEN THE BED IS FULL IT BOUNCES JUST THE SAME AS IF NOTHING IS IN IT....WE DO HAVE A CAMPER SHELL ON 90 % OF THE TIME. WE HAVE ASKED DEALERS, AND THEY SAID TO MAKE SURE TIRE PRESSURE IS CORRECT...AND IT IS

Have you tried a lower tire pressure like 65 PSI?

Are you still on stock size tires?

Is the bouce more in the front or rear or center?

Is there any steering feedback at all when this occurs?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THE TIRE PRESSURE IS WHAT EVER IS RECOMMENDED ON TIRE, THE BOUNCE IS JUST IN THE FRONT END, STEERING FEEDBACK NONE

I have the same truck except its a V10 F250.

Mine has I would not conside a bounce but it is a harsh ride due to the truck being so rigid and that high tire pressure. I recommend trying a lower pressure i nthe tires especially if your not hauling heavy loads. I would not go below 65 PSI this might help bring the bouch down some for you. The next thing to do is try about 500 lbs in the bed up against the tailgate since the trucks suspension is built and designed to always haul or tow a load. Thats why the suspension in the rear is so much higher. Its assuming the load added will level the truck out and take some of the weight off of the front suspension. Next approach is going top be spending money and replacing the front springs and shocks.

• Thanks for coming to Just Answer and allowing me to help you.
  • If you need any clarification on my answer before or after you press accept just reply on this page and I will respond back to you.