Ford expert
Ford expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs,experience shop owner,

Ford E-250 where is trailer brake control wiring harness located

where is trailer brake control wiring harness located on a 2010 e350 under the dash and what type of plug does it have
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford expert replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to just I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.These are a little bit different now if they do not just have a plug under the dash to plug the brake controller into in order to install a brake controller you'll need to purchase the factory controller and also have that harness installed and the instrument cluster reprogrammed to accept the brake controller . Your other alternative is to install the brake controller separately using a universal brake controller and run your own wires . The new brake controllers are an integral part of both the programming and the hardware in the new trucks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am trying to instal a after market brake box on our church van. It has the factory hitch and 7way plug already on the van.Where do you tie into the factory wiring at on this van
As I said in this application there is no factory wiring for a brake controller , if you look up on the frame over top of the rear axles you'll find a plug that is available to plug the light wiring into . As for the brake controller itself you'll have to run a wire of your own to the back
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the blue wire that brake control hooks into is alredy ran from the back to the fire wall of the van.. that is why i think there is a plug loction. i have tested it
Yes that wire is intended to go to the trailer brake control module which must be programmed into the system this is not just a standalone plug like it used to be ,Here's the wiring schematic look at the right lower corner it shows the module and you'll notice that it must communicate through data lines to the PCM and the instrument cluster graphic