david
david, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Certified Master Technician,Certified in diesel & gasoline engines
533087

Cylinder head temperture sensor on a 2002 ford f250 5.4l gas.

where is the cylinder head temperture sensor on a 2002 ford f250 5.4l gas.
Category: Ford
Expert:  david replied 3 years ago.

david :

Hi thank you for your question hope this helps.

Are you saying you are seeing the 2 wire connector plug but no sensor?
Are you seeing a cap plug in the head (like some one removed the sensor)?

david :

Why are you needing to find the sensor?

Customer:

no, there are no wires or plugs. There is just a plug that was used on later years. I am trying to locate where the sensor is.

Customer:

kind of confusing. Just forget about the plug. It is a metal plug not any kind of electrical plug. sorry

Customer:

I am here

david :

Cylinder Head Temperature (CHT) Sensor

Full Size Image

Ok so you are not seeing the wire commentator?

Customer:

how do you get to it

Customer:

s

david :

How do you get to what

The sensor or the picture

Customer:

sensor

Customer:

are you still there

david :

1. Remove intake manifold.

2. Disconnect the cylinder head temperature sensor electrical connector

3. Remove the cylinder head temperature sensor.

To Install:

1. Install the cylinder head temperature sensor and tighten to 18 ft-lbs. (25 Nm).

2. Connect the cylinder head temperature sensor electrical connector.

This is what the sensor looks like
    Full Size Image

Customer:

yes

david :

Is this what you need?

Customer:

yes, but do I have to remove the intake manifold

david :

That is what the instructions say, I have never had to replace this sensor.

What I would do is look under the intake and see if I could get a wrench on the sensor with out removing the intake.

I have replaced the intake gaskets on this engine and have seen the sensor but I am guessing it cn be replaced with put removing the intake.

Give it a go tack it slow and see how it go's

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX manuals suck sometimes.

Customer:

hey can you just reply something so I can accept. Gary

Customer:

I can't accept because I wrote something, it is waiting on you to reply, so I can accept. The message says the expert is not finished.

Customer:

help

Customer:

I can't get out of this screen unless you reply

david :

Happy to help

david, Auto Service Technician
Experience: Certified Master Technician,Certified in diesel & gasoline engines