Dieseljunky2
Dieseljunky2, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified, Ford Certified, Cummins Certified, & 20+ years in field experience
24158749

1994 E350: motor home with abs light..circuit..control module

Hello, I have a 1994 E350 Class C motorhome with ABS light always on when running. Non-dealer shop did some investigation and reported C1206 (rear inlet valve circuit fault) & was at point in flow chart to replace control module to continue diagnosis and quoted $800. I declined and have been investigating myself. The 40 pin connector is clean inside and firm. Rear wheels are dual with no wheel sensors found; so, unless rear sensing is done by wire connections that enter top of differential, there is no rear sensing. There is a single rear brake fluid line (splitting at rear) and two front lines coming out of the back of what looks like a motorized distribution block. Do I have 2 or 4 wheel ABS? Looks like I can get a rebuilt control module for under $150. Should I & is it F6UZ-2B373-EA or what? I do not have a code reader.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dieseljunky2 replied 5 years ago.

Dieseljunky2 :

Hello, to tell if you have 4 wheel abs or not, you will have to look at the front. If there is an electrical cable clipped to the brake fluid hose on each side in the fron, then it has 4 wheel abs. If there is only a brake hose going to the front wheels, then you have 2 wheel or rear abs only. If you are looking for one to get yourself, WWW.rockauto.com has both the 2 and 4 wheel abs units for about $100. If you look under your truck which is Econoline 350 Super, then brakes you will find the module. Look at the last line in the descriptions and it specifies which system it fits, and also note that it is different for dual rear wheels. Thanks

Customer:

Thank you. When trying to order the controller or controller rebuild service from rockauto.com I get the message that these are not currently available & same when I go to my nearby Carquest counter. Anyplace else I can go? Dealer? am I left with dismantlers? I do have front electrical cables and sensors. These sensors are not bolted on by their little plates (bolt holes are empty) but are attached by some unknown method. Must wheels and possibly rotors be removed to clean the sensors?

Dieseljunky2 :

If rockauto is giving that message, then they will have to rebuild your old one. If you are iinterested in a used part, then you can give WWW.Car-part.com a check to locate one in your area. Being that it is a 1994, it is unlikely the dealer will have it available anymore. If you need any further assistance, let me know. Thanks