Tom N.
Tom N., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE Certified 31 years experience multiple car lines. I want to assist you!
7314103

Ford Ranger Edge 2001 Ford Ranger 3.0L V6. Replaced camshaft

2001 Ford Ranger 3.0L V6. Replaced camshaft sycro.timing sensor. Computor set codes=P1000,P1336.

Tom N. :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assit you with this. Are you available to chat??

Customer:

Yes I am.

Tom N. :

Hi Doug, after some research, have a question, when you replaced the syncornizer did you use the Ford specific tool to install it? This has to be timed to the camshaft.

Customer:

Yes I did.

Tom N. :

Did you have it lined up correctly, this is the part I alway screw up on, it is real easy to be off a few degrees..

Customer:

I put #1 cylinder at top dead center on compression stroke and installed sensor useing special tool.

Tom N. :

Ok, give me a a few will get exact instructions for you...

Customer:

I'm going to take a shower while you check that out and will return when done.

Hi Doug having difficulty getting the graphic to down load but if you make sure the pointer on the special tool is exactly 38 degrees to the left of center of the engine with the engine at top dead center. You should be in timing as required. Let me know.

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Erased codes but came back after driving. Does ECM need to be reflashed?
No re flashing the ECM wont solve the problem. Did you make sure that the pointer was at 38 degrees to the left of the center line with the special tool with the piston at top dead center on compression stroke ?? If your off 1 tooth it will set the code.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Please explain what you mean by 38 degrees to the left of center line. What pointer are you talking about?

On the special tool there is an arrow... if you draw an imaginary line down the center of the engine as you are standing on the drivers side looking across the engine the arrow on the special tool should be pointing at 38 degrees to the left of the center line when you install the syncro. assembly..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your help.

Glad you got it and best fo luck to you..

Thanks and God bless.

Tom