John Crouch
John Crouch, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  22 years of Ford service, and Ford senior master certified in diesel, gasoline and hybrid vehicles
33610027

2009 ford escape: poured..water down cowl and windsheild..leak

Customer Question

2009 ford escape, driver floor wet, poured water down cowl and windsheild did not see any water coming in, could not find the leak. Any thoughts?
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Crouch replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will answer your question. Does the vehicle have a power moonroof? Sometimes the drains get clogged and the water will overflow the gutter around the roof opening and run down a A or B pillar and cause this. Other common issues would be a void in the sealer that holds in the windshield. You may have to remove some trim panels if you have not done so allready to actually see where the water is coming in at. If you would like, send me the complete vin and I will run it to see if there are any messages on fords website for water leaks.