Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

2000 ford explorer: sohc..fan clutch and is it left handed threads

Customer Question

2000 ford explorer 4.0 sohc how do i remove fan clutch and is it left handed threads
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Why is the fan clutch being removed?

-What else have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. In order to remove the fan shroud you will need a special tool, which is available at most auto parts, like Auto Zone for example. The replacement instructions are below in pdf format, (just click on the link below).

WARNING: Do not attempt to straighten or repair the fan blade. Install a new fan blade if it is damaged.

1. Inspect the fan for damage or cracking. Cracking is most likely to occur near the base of each individual blade.

Fan — Blade Replacement Instructions Click Here

Fan Shroud Removal Instructions Click Here

Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

Please keep in mind Just Answer is set up on an honor system, I have sent the information you have requested, and if the answer has been helpful then Please don't forget to click on the ACCEPT button, so that I may get credit for my work, thanks. If you need more help then let me know.