Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Ford Freestar SE I installed a reman PCM in an 05 Ford Freestar

I installed a reman PCM in an 05 Ford Freestar - a JustAnswer Ford expert suspected it of being the reason for the trans having no output. The reman people, Automotive Electronics Solutions, programmed the PCM to the VIN, but don't program it for security function. The vehicle will not even crank with the reman PCM installed - the instrument cluster powers up, but that's all. Reinstalled the original PCM, van starts and runs. Repeated the two installs with same results. AES says it needs security programming. I'm used to that disabling ignition, but not cranking. Do you know for sure?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

They are correct, the New PCM will need to be programmed to be able to read the key. THe dealer should be able to do this for you with the PCM out of the car. They usually charge right at an hour in labor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ron, After many, many attempts, I have just now had your answer appear on my screen with an accept button. I've clicked it twice, and it still appears. I think your website is screwed up big time, and I have a pressing Pontiac question to ask.

Stephen Young

Annoyed and frustrated Unlimited subscriber.

Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
I will send a report and have a moderator contact you for help.