CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

Ford windstar: water pump..3.8l..a leak in the pipe..engine block

How hard is it to change a water pump on a ford windstar 2001 3.8l ? It has a leak in the pipe below the mounting clamp that fasens it to the top of water pump and goes towards the fire wall then bends down then up then a rubber hose attaches to with a clamp then the hose is clamped to another pipe wich goes into the engine block. Or can the just the pipe be changed?
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 5 years ago.

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your question today.

The water pump would only need to be replaced if the gasket was leaking or the weap hole was leaking coolant. If the coolant line off of the water pump is leaking it can be replaced.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that is the line that come out of the top of waterpump and is held down by a single 8mm bolt?
Yes this can be replaced and is somewhat common to fail on the Windstar