Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

2008 Ford: this off after the oil change.Thank you,Ron

How do you reset the "Oil Change Due" light on a 2008 Ford Taurus?
I change my own oil & would like to turn this off after the oil change.

Thank you,
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

Oil Life Reset

NOTE: The oil life calculation is set at a maximum of approximately 12,000 km (7,500 miles) or 6 months .

1. Press and release the SETUP button until SYSTEM CHECK is displayed.
  2. Press and release the SETUP button again to display OIL LIFE = XXX% HOLD RESET = NEW.
  3. Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release to reset the oil life to 100%.

Oil Life Start Value

NOTE: The oil life start value is used to reset the oil life value back to the maximum of approximately 12,000 km (7,500 miles) if the value was previously changed, or to lower the value from the maximum (12,000 km [7,500 miles]) in 10% increments down to 10%.

1. Press and release the SETUP button to until SYSTEM CHECK is displayed.
  4. Press and release the RESET button to lower the percentage by 10% (down to 10%) for each button press or return the value to 100%.