someguy_78, Ford Technician
Experience:  I have an associate degree in the Ford A.S.S.E.T. program. I am master certified.13 years experience

How do you recharge the rear air conditioner on my freestar?

Hi. There are no A/C service ports for the rear air conditioner. The A/C service ports under the hood are for the entire system. Front and rear A/C.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there more than one port under the hood? I have charged the only port I could find, and the front air now works fine. (Both front and rear needed charging...) The rear is still hot, so I assumed there was another port somewhere specifically for the rear air.
There is no port for the rear. There are two ports under the hood. A high side and a low side. Charge the A/C through the low side which you probably did. There is a label on the radiator support that tells you how much refrigerant the car holds.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

So do you recommend adding more refrigerant until the rear starts blowing cold? I don't want to overcharge the system...

If the front was blowing warm before then it was probably empty. If you add more it will just leak out again. I suggest having the system looked at for a leak.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for that advice. Should I add more to get the rear blowing cold?

You can if you want but it will leak back out eventually. I would add it slowly. Don't exceed the what the label says.