Dieseljunky2
Dieseljunky2, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified, Ford Certified, Cummins Certified, & 20+ years in field experience
24158749

Ford Explorer 4x4 my 97 explorer overdrive light keeps flashing

Customer Question

my 97 explorer overdrive light keeps flashing off when accelerateing, what does this mean?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dieseljunky2 replied 5 years ago.

Dieseljunky2 :

Hello, that means that your transmission or one of the speed sensors the transmission uses for information has a problem. The flashing is letting you there are trouble codes stored in the computer. The only way to find out what codes are there are to hook up to the diagnostic connector and check them. Some autoparts will read the codes for free. If your local autoparts does this, then you can tell me the codes and we can figure out the problem. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-4p1qrcv4- :

I don't have a diagnostic connecter so i geuss i will have to take it to a shop and get it looked at thank you for your help at least now i hve an idea of what it is

Dieseljunky2 :

OK, Thanks for using JA