Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Ford Escape Ford Escape How do you reset the stereo on a 2004

Customer Question

Ford Escape How do you reset the stereo on a 2004 Ford

I had CDs stuck in the 6 cd player of my 2004 Ford Escape.

I removed the stereo from the car and the top cover to gain access to the CDs. I was able to remove the CDs; unfortunately it was done in pieces. I cleaned up as much as can by blowing compressed air. When I replace the stereo in the car it still thinks that there are 6 CDs in the unit. I pressed the CD and Eject button simultaneously and it says “initializing” on the screen, but it still shows the 6 CD icons, (and re remembers all my station settings). Is there something else I can do?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but replace it since the processor board inside has seen a failure with the CD cartridge. A refurbished radio or an aftermarket one needs to be installed.