Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Ford Taurus SE easiest steps to removing A/c compressor from

Customer Question

easiest steps to removing A/c compressor from Ford Taurus 2001
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

What size engine give me the 8th letter in your vin please.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Enclosed are the factory instructions for the compressor and also the cooling fans as they have to come off for access .

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Appreciate that info. Looks like that will save me much time. I was told to make sure I change the accumulator and flush the evaporator when I change the compressor. The file you sent to me tells me I don't have to do that unless there's evidence of contamination. How would I know if there's evidence pf contamination? Also, I have the Accumulator already. Would you recommend that I change it since I have it? If so, How do I detach it from the Evaporator and the connector line to the low side of the compressor. Both of those areas look like there's some kind of spring retention ring. How does that come off?

Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Yes most suppliers will not warranty the compressor if you dont change the accumulator as well as doing the flush. You will also want to change the orifice tube , thats where you would see any signs of contamination, I have enclosed the orifice tub instructions as well.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Information was very helpful
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Glad I could help and thank you as well.