Steve
Steve, Ford Technician
Experience:  25 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.
43460220

Ford F150 Pickup Super Cab 1999 f150 cranks but wont start.Replaced

1999 f150 cranks but wont start.Replaced fuel pump and it ran for about 4 days then exact same problem.replaced fuel filter,changed relay fuse and checked pump shut off switch is depressed,still same problem and has 1/2 t5ank of gas,out of ideas,please help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Steve :

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question

Steve :

Need to start with the basic and check for spark and fuel.

The easiest way to start is see if the check engine light comes on key on engine off.

If the light does not come on you have no power to the pcm or the computer. If it does come on the pcm or the computer has power and ground.

The next step is to turn the engine over or crank the engine and while cranking the light should go out indicating a good crank sensor and spark.

If the light does not go out then you have a bad crank sensor or a code in the computer.

If this is good need to check fuel pressure at the fuel rail should have around 40lbs while cranking.

Customer:

check engine light goes on and off as it should,spray starting fluid in air intake manifold and engine turns over for a few seconds indicating no fuel to engine,new fuel pump worked for a while.sems like a short somewere,please help

Steve :

you mean it starts with starting fluid?

Steve :

If you think it is no fuel check the power and ground to the fuel pump

Steve :

check the pink wire with a black stripe for power

Steve :

check the solid black wire for ground

Steve :

'at the fuel pump connector

Steve, Ford Technician
Experience: 25 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.