Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Ford Mustang I am getting a P1131 engine code, what is that

I am getting a P1131 engine code, what is that and how do I fix it?

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

The most common fail item associated with the P1131 is going to be a faulty Oxygen Sensor (Bank1 Sensor1). Check the Air Filter to make sure it is not excessively dirty. Check the Air Filter housing for any signs of blockage (leaves, trash, etc). Check that there are no intake air leaks. Check for any broken, disconnected or holes in vacuum lines. If this all checks ok, suspect a faulty Oxygen Sensor.

graphic