Ford expert
Ford expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs,experience shop owner,

F250: V10..I had a spark plug blow out of the head..exhaust valve

I have a 01 F250 4x4 with a V10. I had a spark plug blow out of the head last year and another last week. part of the plug's ceramic broke off and stuck the exhaust valve open. My question is what should I expect to pay for labor to have the head removed, repaired or replaced and re-installed? TY
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford expert replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to just I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. This requires approx 22 hours of labor and 350 dollars in parts . Its not an easy job
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is that for doing both heads? I only have problems on the passenger side head. I figured I would have helicoils put in on the driver side head but that doesn't require removing the head.

Yes that price is for doing one head only, the Healy call oils work very well as long as no debris falls in the cylinder, the safest way is to remove the cylinder head and because you removing the passenger side I would just go ahead and remove both of them, it's only another couple of hours of work and you can be sure there's no debris in the cylinder a star with fresh head gaskets on both sides