Ford expert
Ford expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs,experience shop owner,

1999 ford taurus: hot air..the temperature control switch

i only get hot air from the car no matter where the temperature control switch is located, any common problems 1999 ford taurus
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford expert replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to just I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

Very commonly this is caused by a faulty blend door actuator Perform the self test on the EATC control head. If there are any memory codes still in the system, the system will not function as it should unless the codes are cleared. To enter the self-test, press the OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTOMATIC button within two seconds. The display will show a dashed line in the center of the display window. The test may run as long as 30 seconds. Record all DTCs displayed. To exit self-test and clear all DTCs, press F-Defrost button. The vacuum fluorescent display window will show 888 and all function symbols for one second. Then, the EATC system will turn OFF display blank and all DTCs will be cleared,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not have push buttons for my controls, they are all turn knobs
Using a scan tool checked to see what trouble codes are being stored in the memory
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tool to auto zone this morning. No codes found.
Move the temperature control and look and listen for movement of the Blend Door Actuator. If the actuator doesn't move consistantly, replace it. If the actuator moves and the temperature doesn't change consistantly, look for a broken or stuck blend door.