Mat, Ford Senior Master Technician
Experience:  11 yrs at FLM Dealer, Senior Master Tech 05-present, ASE Master tech, Auto trans & Diesel

I have a 2001 Ford Escape V6 Ignition key wont turn.

I have a 2001 Ford Escape V6 Ignition key won't turn.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mat replied 5 years ago.
Hi I would like to help you out. The key wont turn in the ign most likely because the ignition cylinder has frozen. Give the key a good visual to make sure it has not got bent and if you have a second key you can try that as well to verify its not the key causing the issue. If it still wont turn then you ign cylinder that you put the key into is stuck/frozen. You can try to spray into the key hole with something like wd-40 or pb blaster, something to lube up the tumblers inside the cylinder. then retest with your key multiple times in attempt to free it up. If you have no luck you will need to have the vehicle towed to the dealer to have the ignition cylinder replaced. since they wont be able to turn the key on to remove the cylinder they may have to pull i out with a slide hammer or drill it out. Either way it can be fixed. if you have any further questions or concern feel free to ask. thanks and good luck