Steve
Steve, Ford Technician
Experience:  25 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.

Ford Taurus SEL What is the location of the auto headlight

Customer Question

What is the location of the auto headlight relay for a 2002 ford taurus?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Steve :

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question

Steve :

hi

Steve :

it is in the central fuse box under the dash

Customer:

There is only a 15amp fuse there. No relay.

Steve :

Ill find a pics hang on

Customer:

ok

Steve :

there is a relay box under the dash on the drivers side that it is in

Steve :

working on a pics

Steve :

it is not part of the fuse box but a seperat square box that is black with cover

Customer:

ok is there more than one relay in the box?

Steve :

yes

Customer:

How will I know which is the auto head lamp relay? Is it labeled?

Steve :

working on getting a pics hang on

Customer:

ok

Steve :

click on the blue link

Steve :

that is the wring one that is the drl relay

Steve :

the autolamp relay is part of the circut board on the central fuse box cannot be removed

Steve :

send wiring diagram

Customer:

I got it but it does not list the auto head lamp relay only the daytime running lamps relay which I don't have.

Customer:

If there is no relay to replace do you think the problem could be the light sensor amplifyer located on the top of the dash.

Steve :

the auto relay is part of the central box fuse box under the dash cannot be replaced have to replace the fuse box if it is bad send wiring diagram

Steve :

what is the problem ?

Steve :

it is controlled by the gem module

Customer:

The headlights stay on all the time when the switch is in the auto position.

Steve :

sounds like a bad relay need to replace the fuse box to replace the relay

Customer:

Bummer. ok I guess I will just not have auto head lamps. Wonder why ford would do that to me.

Steve :

to save money they are doing that a lot putting the relay as part of the fuse box

Steve :

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Customer:

Yah still a bummer thanks

Steve :

thanks for the accept

Steve, Ford Technician
Experience: 25 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.