Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford F-250: bleed..I checked the clutch fluid reservoir and it looks

How do I bleed the clutch on my Ford F-250? I checked the clutch fluid reservoir and it looks black.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Here is how Ford states to bleed the clutch, download HERE. I choose to use a homemade reservoir cap made of rubber with a hole in it and a hand held vacuum pump. I pull the system into a 20 in hg vacuum then pump the pedal fast 10 times. Now release the vacuum and pump the pedal 10 times fast. I do this alternating back and forth till its resolved.

In the event your issue continue then I recommend a Ford kit which includes the slave and master and hose and reservoir, ready to install. You put it all on, and hit the pedal 3 times and its ready to go since its pre-bleed.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.