Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Ford Focus How does one disable the automatic door locks on

How does one disable the automatic door locks on an '01 Focus?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Here are the ford directions.

Autolock and Horn Chirp Programming

Close all the doors and windows.
Confirm that the ignition key is OFF.
NOTE: Steps 5 through 9 must be carried out within 30 seconds.
Turn the ignition key from OFF to RUN.
Press the door lock control switch UNLOCK button 3 times.
Turn the ignition key from RUN to OFF.
Turn the ignition key from OFF to RUN.
Verify that the horn chirps. This indicates the enable/disable mode is ready to accept program changes.
Press the door lock control switch UNLOCK button then the LOCK button one time to command the module to toggle the autolock feature.
Verify that the horn chirps. There should be one chirp indicating that the autolock feature is disabled. If one chirp is heard followed by a longer sound of the horn, the autolock feature is enabled.
Turn the key to the OFF position or wait 5 minutes to exit the enable/disable mode.
Verify that the horn chirps once to indicate that programming mode has been exited.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What you've advised is not working on my vehicle, which is my wife's old car). My wife now has an '06 Taurus and that answer works fine for that vehicle (in fact it is even in the owners manual). If you know of some way I can disable the automatic locks (i.e. cutting or disconnecting wires, etc.) that would be acceptable. I don't care if it never works again. Thanks. ...........Charles Hinton

Since this procedure does not work you then need to go to your local dealership and pay them to change the programmable parameters in the central security module to turn off auto lock, there is not just a wire you can cut to disable it unless you want to disable all power locks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The local dealership is of no help, they say there is nothing they can (or will) do. Having the locks revert back to the old fashioned mode is fine with me. Thanks.

To divert back to all manual door locks you will need to try this, depin the yellow black wire from the module at the base of the right hand A pillar above the passengers right foot. Do this with one window down just in case you cant get in the vehicle. I have never tried to disable this and am somewhat worried the locks may not move manually once the doors are closed. See the diagram below with the wire your disconnecting in the lower left corner.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did what you suggested, but to no avail. Anyu other suggestions?
Thats all I have without disabling to many features of the vehicle. Unless you want to do more work which consists of removing all the door panels and unplugging the door lock actuators.