Daniel, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Technician

Po 171 174 obdcodes

po 171 174 obdcodes
Category: Ford
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.

Daniel :

Hello, I am Daniel. I may ask you questions, to better answer you. Please let me know if you have any other questions before you Accept.

Daniel :

Hello you will want to check all the vacuum hoses and for loose connections.

Daniel :

This is most likely due to upper intake manifold gasket and isolator bolts causing the lean condition, too much air in fuel mix. . They have some better parts for this..

The gasket and bolts need to be replaced to get the codes to clear and keep the check engine light off. Most likely you were able to reset the light by erasing the codes the last couple of years and they would stay off for a little while before coming back because the vacuum leak at the intake manifold gasket wasnt that large. But over time the leak gets worse and will no longer clear for the needed time to pass inspection

It could take around 4 hours at home to fix.

Daniel :

The parst that came with it were not so good so they up dated the parts that are available now