Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2000 ford taurus: catalyst..dohc..o2 sensors (4..exhaust leak

I have a catalyst below efficiency bank 2 of 2 error code PO430 on my 2000 ford Taurus DOHC Duratec. I replaced the O2 sensors (4 of them) and then tested them to make sure they are working. I also don't have an exhaust leak so it looks like one of the Cats is bad. There is a cat on each cylinder bank, then one downstream in the exhaust pipe. My question is, being that the code says bank 2 of 2, is this the cat on cyl's 4-6? At $400 a pop I don't want to guess....

Thanks for the help
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Yes you are corect , that would be the bank 2 (#4 #5 and #6) front side and the code P0430 is due to the cat has failed.