Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Ford.
2499435

2007 Ford F150: V6..it has a rough idle when I make stops..sitting

I have a 2007 Ford F150 V6 and it has a rough idle when I make stops at a light or just sitting idling. Is there anything I can do for this.Thanks Norm
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

What is the current mileage?

Doe sthe idle speed go up and down or is it low?

What is the idle speed?

Hello, I'm Chris.

What is the current mileage?

Does the idle speed go up and down or is it low?

What is the idle speed?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The truck has 50K miles, had problems since day 1, I think it idles 8 or 900 RPM's when stopped in drive foot on brake.

OK this idle speed is correct and its not an idle concern causing this vibration. Since its been this way since you bought it then its a characteristic of the vehicle. You need to compare it to another vehicle the same to verify this. There are things you can do to isolate engine produced vibration issues which include loosening the exhaust mounts and transmission mount and engine mounts. Then shake each component using a pry bar then tighten them back down in order: engine, transmission, exhaust. This will relieve any tension in the powertrain from being improperly seated when it was built at the factory.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was told by Ford engineers in 2007 that they have had this problem in 2004 to 2007. The first dealer put in smaller mount bolts , clerad problem until bolts came loose. 2nd dealer put the original bolts back and problem came back. I find it hard to belived that Ford did not find what the problem is in three years. After buying four f-150 v6- and a suv from the same dealer, I will be buying a toyato next time.I also find that you and your dealership do not know of this problem. It looks like the only problem is with Ford's in Georgia. Please get back to me with another answer. Thanks Norm
I am sorry there is no other answer. Ford has no fix for it. Its a characteristic of the vehicle. I stated to adjust the mounts which you stated was done and resolved it for a bit which does mean I know what I am talking about since I stated to also do this. I am very aware of the concern and the fact there is no solid fix for it, thus the reason for no TSBs or FSAs or SSMs issued for this concern in any of the years with a 4.2L. its a balance issue in the engine which is not repairable or a concern which will cause failure. All you can do is try to make it better, but it will not go away.
Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience: 16 years experience with Ford.