Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Ford where is the exhaust back pressure sensor and the oil

where is the exhaust back pressure sensor and the oil pressure sensor for a 2006 ford f350 6.0

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

Exhaust Pressure Sensor:

graphic

graphic

Oil Pressure Sensor:

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What are the symptons if these two sensors are out. Somebody told me to try and clean the exhaust pressure sensor and line before I replaced it. My truck has been idling up on its on and when I first drive the truck the transmission fan on comes like I'm towing something heavy and stays on until I stop, turn the truck off then restart.
Definitely check the line for clogs. A good cleaning will always help. More than likely, the sensor itself is bad, and most of the time, cleaning is 50/50 hit or miss. Best off to replace it, especially if the line is found dirty. This will most likely be the cause of your symptoms. The Oil Pressure sensor is just a common fail item, and shouldn't contribute to your symptoms, although the excess pressure could be a factor in it's fail.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Do the symptoms I describe sound like the exhaust pressure sensor. I've already changed the map sensor, the ICP sensor, a wiring harness and eletronical control sensor (pedal). My truck cranks fine, goes into gear fine but the pedal goes to the floor.

Yes. Sounds like more than likely the line may be clogged, which in turn failed the sensor. This sensor's input is used by the PCM to control other systems.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I forgot to tell you my wrench light is on and when my truck was running when I first drove it the transmission fan would come on like I was towing something heavy after the engine warmed up it would stop. Do you think I should replace the oil temperature sensor?
I do believe all this is going to tie into the Exhaust Pressure Sensor. I wouldn't start replacing items at random. Start with what the PCM is showing is wrong.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks sooooooooo much...

You're welcome. Glad I could help. Have a great day!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'll let you know what happens after I put the sensor on, have a good one.

Thanks,

Candy

You too. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It worked, no more wrench light on, pedal works....... You are an expert. I took my truck to the Ford House they replaced the ICP and a wiring harness they said they could not find out why the wrench was on, 500 bucks and 160 miles later started doing the same thing. I took it to 4 other places, no luck, wrench still on, pedal went to floor. And, after searching the internet for a week I found you. Now my truck runs and I can get back to work. I cannot thank you enough...

Candy

Glad I could help! Enjoy! Have a great day!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
you to!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hey I have one more question, is it possible to get my check engine light to go off, I had an egr bypass kit put on my truck 8 months ago and now my light stays on. When I get it checked it always comes up egr. I have the old egr valve plugged in so it looks like I still have one.

I haven't had much experience with the by-pass kit (in my State, if the Check Engine light is on, you fail inspection, so we do everything "by the book")

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks for your help. I looked on the internet, seems the only way to do it is buy a SCT Tuner for 400 bucks. I don't even know what that is. I guess I'll live with it for now. Have a good one.
Thanks. You too!