Pavlin Koev
Pavlin Koev, CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN
Experience:  17 YEARS HANDS ON EXPERIENCE, TRUCK&COACH TECHNICIAN LICENCE
41577536

2006 F150: the fuel pump, the fuses, and the Fuel Pump Driver Module

Customer Question

I have a 2006 F150 with a starting problem. I have changed the fuel pump, the fuses, and the Fuel Pump Driver Module. What else could be wrong? Any suggestions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pavlin Koev replied 3 years ago.

Pavlin Koev :

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your vehicle trouble.

Customer:

how is it going

Pavlin Koev :

what have you checked on power supply circuit?

Pavlin Koev :

Ok hanks, and you?

Customer:

i checked the fuses, relays and i have tried to reset the inertia switch

Pavlin Koev :

do you have power at inertia switch?

Customer:

i believe i do, the fuses are good as well

Customer:

they are new and the relays are new as well

Pavlin Koev :

is power coming out of the inertia switch and to the fuel pump?

Customer:

i have power to the fuel gauge because it is reading in the tank, but no power to the pump

Customer:

can i check with a test light?

Pavlin Koev :

I understood tha you have power at inertia switch-is that correct?

Pavlin Koev :

yes, use test light to check power at inertia switch if you have not.

Customer:

ok

Pavlin Koev :

relay supply switch, and from switch it goes to pump.

Pavlin Koev :

can you check now?

Customer:

yes im going to go check right now

Pavlin Koev :

ok, thanks

Customer:

ok, there is no power to that switch

Pavlin Koev :

sorrry, power will be there only when ignition is tuned to ON position for the first 2 seconds and after that when you cranking.

Customer:

ok, i had the key on during that time, still no power

Pavlin Koev :

try to check as engine is cranking, sorry but it is important to know.

Customer:

ok just a second

Customer:

ok still no power

Pavlin Koev :

ok, do you know where is fuel pump relay?

Customer:

yes it is relay 203

Customer:

and it is brand new

Pavlin Koev :

ok , I am going to look at diagram and will tell you which terminals to check

Customer:

ok

Pavlin Koev :

if you look at relay sides, there must be diagram of the relay, do you see that.

Customer:

yes i do

Pavlin Koev :

ok #30 must be hot all times

Customer:

ok

Pavlin Koev :

#85 must have power when ignition turned on ot cranking.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

what does PCM stand for?

Pavlin Koev :

Power control module-engine computer

Pavlin Koev :

is power at relay as it is supposed to be?

Customer:

where is the #85 at

Customer:

i dont see it

Pavlin Koev :

on one of the terminal power will come only with ignition to run position this is #85-use test light to check

Customer:

there isnt an 85 to test

Pavlin Koev :

on side whall of the relay diagram will show 85

Pavlin Koev :

but do not worryabout the numbers just test for ignition power to one of the terminals- exept the one which is allways HOT #30

Customer:

yes there is power to number 30

Pavlin Koev :

if you do not have power to one of the the other 3 terminals with ignition then go and check for power at fuse #28 5A

Pavlin Koev :

in central junction box

Customer:

with the key on?

Customer:

correct/

Customer:

?

Pavlin Koev :

yes

Customer:

ok, there is not power there

Pavlin Koev :

ok just a minute

Pavlin Koev :

power is comming from ignition switch,

Customer:

yes

Pavlin Koev :

you have bad ignition switch, or fuse box is faulty.

Customer:

ok thank you

Pavlin Koev :

I hope, that was helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you. It was my pleasure to help today. I wish you best luck with your vehicle in the future. If satisfied with my help, please press the green ACCEPT button so that I may be credited for helping you today.I am not credited if you do not press the ACCEPT button.