Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Ford Explorer Sport Trac overdrive light stays blinking. when

Customer Question

overdrive light stays blinking. when i accelerate the car hesitates but when i ease off the gas a little its fine. until i have to slow down or come to a stop. then it does it again
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

A flashing overdrive light is a warning indicator from the computer telling you there are trouble codes stored in relation to the transmission which can be seen when using a scan too. The codes will help in diagnostics to help you determine if its a simple concern like a solenoid which is bad or a concern with the pressure being a valve body gasket blown out. More than likely its going to be an internal concern which a clutch piston slipping from worn seals or a band not holding from a servo piston seal worn.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have heard from other owners of this kind of vehicle that is could have something to do with the pcm,
Any concern electrical can be connected to the computer if its an electrical component since all functions go through the computer. I do not believe based on your description that it is a PCm concern but if you want to replace it you can get one for 200$ online.