Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

F-350: wouldnt the egr valve was seized

Customer Question

08 F-350 6.4L Truck wouldn't start so i had it towed in.They told me the EGR valve was seized. I had a banks air system installed and they said they couldn't honor my warranty because of this. They told me it lowers EGTs and causes coking because the fuel is not properly being burned. I tried to get more information such as the proper operating temperature range and how more air could lead to lower EGT's but they pretty much just gave me the because we said so routine. Oh and i had to pay $800 to replace the EGR valve including 4 hours of labor. Doesn't make sense. Does this seem right or is Ford just being Ford?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is Ron and I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Unfortunately this is Fords policy, they are cracking down on any type of Mods and have been for some time know. Its not likely the Banks system had anything to do with the very common problem the EGRs have on the 6.0 and the 6.4 ,but they always use every excuse they can when you have any type of Mods on the truck.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Need more details