Thomas
Thomas, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  15 years Ford experience. Gas and Diesel certified. by Ford and ASE
3090273

2000 ford f150: 4x4 xlt..tail lights stopped working..fuses one

Customer Question

my 2000 ford f150 5.4L auto 4x4 xlt
the headlights stay on and the tail lights stopped working at the same time,replaced the headlight switch,no help,pull both fuses one for each headlight to turn them off. please tell me how many things do you have to check to find the problem.
thanks: vic
Category: Ford
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I will do my best to help you today. I think the problem is your auto lamps module. I think it is keeping the lights on. As for the parking light out make sure you have power at fuse #6 it is a 15 amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood.
graphic
View Full Image
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it is not my parking lights,it is the tail lights are off(not working) and headlights will not turn off. this happened at the same time.also it does not have auto lights.also all fuses have been checked. thanks.

vic

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for the mix up. The system is much simpler I think your turn signal switch is causing all your problems.
graphic
View Full Image
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i just replaced the multifunction (turn signal) switch and that did not fix it. so far this problem has cost me 215.00 and still not fixed and that is even with your help.

i am not satisfied and am just going to take it to the ford dealership to pay another 85.00

to hook it up to their computer to find out what the problem is and get it fixed.