Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2007 ford focus: rear end dances like bump star,there..bushing

2007 ford focus,rear end dances like bump stear,there is a popular bushing problem wich one is it?Or more than one?

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I found no ford messages for this concern on a 07 model, Can you provide the info you found so I can see if it is a possible issue on this model prior to me getting into diagnostics, is there also a noise with this issue?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Chris, no noise is audible. It just wiggles a little on bumps, rear only.my parts guy says 00-07 are same.My custumer also has an 02,says he has had these bushings replaced twice on that.The man told him it was very common.I think it's the short straight arm or link,from ahead of the axel, bottom,on line with axel.For lack of proper term,I'l call it a track bar. Willy

I went ahead and checked and none of the 00-07 focus modles have a TSB for rear bushing fatigue. The only rear bushings I have had to repair are the stabilizer bar end links being broken, you can check all the bushings with a pry bar to see if any are loose or move excessive. I have included pictures of all the components in the rear suspension with bushings so you can check them all.

graphicgraphicgraphic

graphicgraphic

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.