John Crouch
John Crouch, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  22 years of Ford service, and Ford senior master certified in diesel, gasoline and hybrid vehicles
33610027

2001 Ford f150: 6cyl..manual transmission..automatic transmission

can a 2001 Ford F150 6cyl. manual transmission be changed over to automatic transmission
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Crouch replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will answer your question. Is it possible to do, yes. Is it cost effective, I dont really think so.

You will need the transmission and all the clutch components, including the pedals and master cylinder for the cab. You will also need the wiring harnesses that run down to the transmission as well as the correct PCM and it will need to be programmed to your truck. Unless you can find a wrecked truck that has everything that you need for a very cheap price it will set you back a lot of $$$ to get everything together to perform this swap. Like I said, it can be done, but it will not be a cheap project.