Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

1995 Ford F150: hours and it starts, mechanic cannot find the problem

Customer Question

1995 Ford F150, sometimes will not start and you wait a couple of hours and it starts, mechanic cannot find the problem
Category: Ford
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome,

I would assume then that he has not been able to diagnose it at the actual time it won't start correct?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
As soon as the mechanic hits the switch it starts

That's kind of what i figured. Well,,,he probably already told you this, but the problem is going to be either a fuel or spark problem and the only way to get an accurate test, is to test the fuel pressure and spark to the spark plugs at the time of the no-start. This makes things very difficult for all involved, especially someone who is trying to take an educated guess......I can give you 2 common things that it could most likely be if that will help, but there is no way we can say for 100% certainty which one it will be for obvious reasons. If this will help you let me know.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I want to withdraw my money now, please credit my account to my credit card

Carl Moore