Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2002 f150: the footwell right of the glove box theres..cant find

where is the location of the fuel reset button on a 2002 f150? I know it is on the passegers side.behind the footwell right of the glove box theres even an arrow pointing to where it is on the footwell still cant find it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

The switch is accesed much easier by removing the plactic kick panel.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is it a red button on top of a plastic thing? if so the button was in the down position and the only way to get it to go up is to stick a flat head under it and push it up. Either way truck wont start
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Yes the red button is correct, if its down, its not tripped, take a test light and see if you have 12 volts on both sides of the connector while cranking.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I do have 12 volts at connector
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Ok that means the switch is ok, now move to the connector at the pump and check and see if yu have 12 volts while cranking there, if you do and the pump isnt running then it has failed. The power supply wire is the Pink/black wire at the connector.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dont mean to be stupid but mechanic I am not... and no chilton can you tell me where the fuel pump is what it looks like.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
The fuel pump is inside your fuel tank and you can access the connector at the top of the tank.