Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2001 ford windstar: My van..van and sometimes while Im driving ....

I have a 2001 Ford Winstar .... My van is now giving 5 beeps- 5 times .... always when I start the van and sometimes while I'm driving .... what does this mean and how can I fix it ??? .. Pease Advise

Thanks for the question.

More than likely this is for the air bag system. To verify, turn the key to off and then to run and watch for the air bag light in the dash to prove out. If you never see the air bag light prove out then most likely the air bag warning light bulb is blown and will need to be replaced.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I tried suggested answer and that wasn't the problem
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

So what happens with the air bag light?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I start my van all my lights come on as the computer does it's system check then all the lights go off ..... the beeping starts around 2 mins after the vans been on ... then "Somethings" after the vans been running, but not everyday .. it's a speratic problem - I get 5 beeps, five times
Does the Air Bag light come on a cycle off? The 5 beeps means the bulb is burned out .
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs