Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 20+ Years
28939717

1999 ford expedition: checked all fuses and changed turn signal switch

i have a 1999 ford expedition an d the problem is that the turn signals dont work the emergency flashers work but the turn dont light up or anything. checked all fuses and changed turn signal switch and flashers
Category: Ford
Expert:  Paul M ASE Master replied 3 years ago.

Paul M ASE Master Tech L1 :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer I'm Paul and I will help you with your Question

Paul M ASE Master Tech L1 :

there are some issues with the wiring harness

Paul M ASE Master Tech L1 :

I am getting the testing information together stand by

Paul M ASE Master Tech L1 :

check that you have power to both sides of the fuse #23 , #1 , #13 with key on you should have 12 volts to both sides of these fuses. if fuses all have power check you have power into the Flasher Relay on the Red/White and White/Light Blue.... I am attaching the diagram

Paul M ASE Master Tech L1 :

click here to view the wiring diagram

Paul M ASE Master Tech L1 :

let me know on power to the 3 fuses on both sides and power into the Flasher relay on the two mentioned wires

Paul M ASE Master Tech L1 :

I will advise you on the next step

Paul M ASE Master Tech L1 :

Paul

Customer:

yes the brake are working emergency lights flash give me a minute and i will check fuses

Paul M ASE Master Tech L1 :

also at the flasher relay let me know if you are missing power on the Red/White or the White/Light Blue

Paul M ASE Master Tech L1 :

there are common problems with the harness or the fuse panel not feeding power from the fuse to the flasher

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.

just reply back with your findings and I will respond within a few minutes

Paul

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
found problem it was #23 fuse there was not one in the slot blinkers work but my high beams are not working it works on low but not on high checked the bulbs, and changed turn signal switch any ideas

glad to hear the turn signals are working

Does it have Autolamps? or Daytime running lights?

Paul

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no

check for power to both sides of fuse #16 with the high beams on

if no power to #16

graphic

Check power coming into the Turn Switch on the Dark Blue/Orange

and out of the Turn Switch on the Gray Orange (with High Beams On)

click here to view the wiring diagram for your headlight circuit

let me know what you find and if you need more help

remember to click accept so I get credit for my answer

Paul

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
there is no power to fuse 16 empty hole i will check everything else thanks for the help

Strange that its an empty hole

no pins in the hole?

check the wires in and out of the Turn Switch and let me know if its get power through there

I am going to check into the other wiring diagrams available for this vehicle to see about 16 missing

Paul

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no pins I am going to check wiring thanks for info

all 4 schematics for the headlights show a fuse #16

its possible the location is off in the picture

let me know what you find in and out of the Switch

Paul

Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE Master Tech 20+ Years