Ford expert
Ford expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs,experience shop owner,

2000 Ford F-150: hood latch is seized...tried spraying wd40

Hello, I have a 2000 Ford F-150. The hood latch is seized. I have tried spraying WD40 from outside the closed hood with no luck. I have tried having a friend push and pull the hood while pulling the latch release from inside the car, no luck. Is there any way to force the latch open or remove it without opening the hood?

Welcome to just I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

You will need to go behind the grill with a long thin screwdriver and you will be able to pry the latch aside and release it

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you be more specific? I tried this with a long screw driver. I could't seem to get good leverage without possibly breaking the grill. Maybe a picture to my email or something??
Unfortunately there is no pictures for this operation as this was never intended to be opened in this manner so you will not find in any service Manual ideas no because I've had to do in a number of times over the years , if a screwdriver is not strong enough to release the latch I've also used a short piece of copper tubing before hammer the end of the flat and use this to pry the latch open it is much more sturdy