Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

1995 Ford Ranger: I get to the Headlight switch..tighten

How do I get to the Headlight switch in a 1995 Ford Ranger to tighten it up or replace it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

You need to remove the finish panel on the drivers side to get to the switch. Below are the ford directions.

Instrument Cluster Finish Panel, Ranger and Explorer
Removal and Installation

Remove center finish panel, refer to removal procedure in this section.
Remove two (2) screws attaching instrument panel steering column cover (04459) and pull cover to collapse grasshopper clips two (2).
Remove metal knee bolster retaining screws (7) and remove knee bolster.
Remove six (6) screws attaching instrument panel steering column opening cover reinforcement.
Remove five (5) screws attaching instrument cluster finish panel.
Disconnect electrical connector to headlamp switch and thumb wheel rotary dimmer switch.
Remove instrument cluster finish panel.
For installation, follow removal procedure in reverse order

Once the trim is disconnected here is how to detach the headlamp switch.

graphic

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.