Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2000 ford f150 xlt: im changing my fuel filter

im changing my fuel filter in my 2000 ford f150 xlt can u give me instructions on how to do this please
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

The fuel filter on your 2000 F 150 is located on the drivers side frame rail and you will need the fuel line release tool to remove it. You can get this tool for about $8.00 at your local parts store in the help section. Unsnap your safety clips and insert the tool into the fitting , push the line on as you push the tool into the fitting , then pull the line. Before you remove the filter, locate the fuel rail service port on the drivers side of the engine and remove the black plastic cap and press the pin in the valve down to release fuel pressure.

graphic
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok and i lost my manual for my truck can u send me a diagram picture labeling my fuse panel telling me what my fuses are
Expert:  Ron replied 3 years ago.
Yes I sure can, here you are it should cover both fuse panels.

DOWNLOAD HERE
Expert:  Ron replied 3 years ago.
Here you go, look stright across from the oil dip stick>

graphic
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANK YOU FIR THAT AND I DONT THINK YOU SENT ME THE RIGHT FUSE PANEL DIAGRAM. CAUSE IT DOESNT MATCH THE PANEL ON MY TRUCK HALF OF IT DOES BUT THE OTHER HALF DOESNT. I DONT KNOW IF THAT MAKES SENCE?

ITS A 2000 FORD F150 XLT CREW CAB,XXXXX STANDARD, V6.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANK YOU FOR THAT AND I DONT THINK YOU SENT ME THE RIGHT FUSE PANEL DIAGRAM. CAUSE IT DOESNT MATCH THE PANEL ON MY TRUCK HALF OF IT DOES BUT THE OTHER HALF DOESNT. I DONT KNOW IF THAT MAKES SENCE?

Expert:  Ron replied 3 years ago.
Yes it is the correct fuse diagram, I sent you the one for the 2000 Ford F150 with a 4.2.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok thanks