Brian, Ford Shop Foreman
Experience:  Ford Senior Master certified Tech, 36 years Ford technician.

1999 ford f-350: wont start..the PCM RELAY COIL..SOLENOID..INJECTOR

I have a 1999 ford f-350 diesel truck that won't start because it keeps blowing a 30amp fuse as soon as i turn the ignition on. The fuse location is at the #30 location which is for the PCM RELAY COIL,FUEL HEATER,WASTEGATE SOLENOID,INJECTOR DRIVER MODULE RELAY COIL.

Any idea as to the cause of the fuse problem, I've already replaced the glow plug relay sensor and batteries
Category: Ford
Expert:  Brian replied 5 years ago.

Brian :

The most common cause of this fuse blowing is a shorted fuel heater, the heater element is located in the bottom of the fuel filter housing. You can confirm this by disconnecting the fuel heater and replacing the fuse, it it doesn't blow, the heater element is shorted. The connector is at the back of the fuel filter housing, it has 2 wires, red/light green and grey/red.