Brad
Brad, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
5135651

Ford Focus LX there is a rattle noise under the dash on the

Customer Question

there is a rattle noise under the dash on the passenger side of ford focus when i accelarate
Category: Ford
Expert:  Brad replied 6 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

Unfortunately, since there are so many possibilities that can cause a rattle, it would be difficult for me to diagnose this for you through a website.

It could be the blower motor, or one of the vents.. or a loose dash board bracket.. or the air bag... or it could even be under the car such as a motor mount or a loose exhaust heat shield or bent exhaust pipe rubbing against the underside of the vehicle.

You might also be hearing engine "pinging" due to pre-ignition which could sound like a rattle under the dash I suppose.

I've ran into some where I had to remove the passenger seat and lay down with a stethoscope while someone else drives the vehicle to isolate the location of the noise. It can sometimes be a bear to find...