Dieseljunky2
Dieseljunky2, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified, Ford Certified, Cummins Certified, & 20+ years in field experience
24158749

Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Heater is not working, A loud clicking

Heater is not working, A loud clicking noise is being made when I use the cold to heat dial, the Temperture gauge reflects normal temperture & then at times goes all the way up to hot then moves back down to normal tempature. I can also hear water moving through the hose's when I'm setting in the car. Its like when I'm in my old 66 ford and I pull the vent cable to warm, it seems on the 06 something is trying to open.
can u help thanks

Dieseljunky2 :

Hello, does your truck have manual temperature control or electronic temperature control? Thanks

JACUSTOMER-oc8br1w7- :

Manual

Dieseljunky2 :

Does this have seperate temperature for driver and passenger, and which side is not heating? I can give you pictures for the location of the part that is making the noise.

JACUSTOMER-oc8br1w7- :

I temperature control only,

JACUSTOMER-oc8br1w7- :

1 temperature control

JACUSTOMER-oc8br1w7- :

photos would be fine do I select Accept at this time, thank you

Dieseljunky2 :

Here is the picture of the temp control on the driver side.

Full Size Image

Dieseljunky2 :

It is located behind this panel at the floor by your foot on the gas pedal.

Full Size Image

Dieseljunky2 :

Remove that access panel and feel the actuator to see if you can feel it clicking. If it is, then click the accept button. If not, I will advise you to the next item to check. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-oc8br1w7- :

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX may need replacing?

JACUSTOMER-oc8br1w7- :

I will click accept and will need to get back with you unless you have a few minutes now and I can check it now

Dieseljunky2 :

I have a few minutes for you to check. Item 3 is the controller in the first picture. That is the part that goes bad if it is clicking. It is available at some autoparts stores, but some are available only at the dealer. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-oc8br1w7- :

I will click accept and thank you for your time, I know it would take me more then a few minutes, thank you again and have a good day.

Dieseljunky2 :

If you need further assistancwe with this, you can reply back to this question for about 5 days for follow ups about this problem. Thanks