Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

92 Ford F250: Pick up, coil, and ignition module..driveway

I have a 92 Ford F250, and it has no fire. I`ve replaced the Pick up, coil, and ignition module. It was running and just quit in the driveway. I also smell something inside the cab when it happened. What else could it be?
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my best to assist you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. I have been working on these vehicles for over 10 years so I am very familiar with this system and how they work. However, keep in mind, that I need some solid concrete facts/evidence/clues from you in order to give you a good answer about your vehicle. Please realize that all my answers are based solely on the info that you provide me with....

Does the check engine light come on with the key in the on position?

Does it go off while cranking?

Are there any codes in the computer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The Check Engine light is not on
Well this is your problem! Your computer is not even awake! Chances are you are missing a power or a ground to the computer causing it not to wake up. The only other possibility would either be a bad computer or the computer is being shorted out by another computer or a sensor.

I would start by checking all powers and grounds going to the PCM. THis includes all powers from all fuses, fusible links and even from the ignition switch.
If you need wiring diagram or a pin out chart of the PCM connectors, lets me know!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are the fusible links located inside the cab ?
They will likely be under the hood.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have also checked to see if i have power to the pick up plug when the ignition is on, and the coil. I have power at both terminals with ignition on. Like you, i think the trouble is with a fusible link. I wasnt sure if there was another relay that i was missing. Yes, a diagram would be helpful
Do you want a diagram of the pcm connector?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Here you go!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here