Ford expert
Ford expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs,experience shop owner,
22989858

2006 ford f250: the locking hubs..owners manual..four wheel drive..hub

I just bought a 2006 ford f250 4x4 but I am not used to the locking hubs and do not have an owners manual. How exactly do I put it in four wheel drive with these all my others have been push button. this one has auto and lock on the hub then a knob with 2high, 4high, and 4 low. just dont want to mess it up thanks

Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

Yes you can leave the locking hubs in either auto or put them in lock if you want the front axle locked all the time . Then place the transmission in neutral and shift to four wheel low if you feel you need low gear very rarely do I ever use four wheel low . If your shifting to four wheel high you can do this on the move while the truck is rolling with no problem at all . Then to take it out of four wheel drive just simply shift back to two wheel high and if the locking hubs are in all auto they will automatically disconnect .