Marty
Marty, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Certified. 20 years experience. Certified training in: driveability, electronics, etc.
50706092

Ford: A/T DTC P061B Alternative Fuel System RAM/ROM ERROR..limp mode

07 Ford Fusion 3.0, A/T
DTC P061B "Alternative Fuel System RAM/ROM ERROR" is thrown with limp mode activating. No other codes in memory and vehicle seems to be ok now. We live in Wisconsin and its really cold and snowing right now. My father started the car and put the car in gear right away, after about 15 minutes of driving it with no problems this happened. I have a fairly simple INNOVA scan tool and sensor readings appear to be normal as far as I can tell. Any ideas or suggestions?
Allow me to help in diagnosing your vehicle! If I helped make sure to hit ACCEPT button so as I can get credited.

THis is a Torque calculation concern for the PCM.The common concern for this is snow or moisture getting on the MAF mass air flow sensor. Remove air box clean sensor if dirty and replace air filter if needed. Make sure air box is closed properly and clear codes. Should be fine now. The MAF sensor is the sensor that is in the air box tube.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Air intake tube was clean as a whistle.
If the MAF sensor is clean .replace the air filter as needed. Clear codes and test drive. The concern is water/snow gets on the MAF hot wire and causes a torque miscalculation.
If you need more help, ask! If this answer helped you, click ACCEPT! If you have a deposit but do not click ACCEPT you WILL STILL BE CHARGED, but I don't get credit! NOT CLICKING ACCEPT HURTS THE TECHS THAT HELP YOU!