Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Ford freestar I need to replace the spark plugs in a 2005

I need to replace the spark plugs in a 2005 ford freestar with a 3.0l engine. What are the procedures?It looks like the upper intake manifold has to come off to get to the back plugs
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Yes you are correct, the upper intake does have to come off to acces the rear plugs. I have enclosed the instructions.

Hit the Green DOWNLOAD button on this link
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I need some additional info. this van started running rough and went into a sleep mode. it came out of it and runs fine now, i was going to change the plugs cause it has 100000 miles on it. I have a hand held and checked for codes, it is showing a P2106 AND P061B codes. so now im wondering if plugs is going to fix the problem or what do i need to look for

The code P2106 is the Fail safe shut down mode. and the PO61 is a resistance problem on the bank 2 HO2S sensor .

I would go ahead and change the plugs as they are due , clear the codes and see what comes up.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can that be a intermittant problem with that sensor and not worry about it at this time?Or change that sensor since it has showed a problem?

I would go ahead and do your tune up and clear codes and see if anything resets.