Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

1995 Ford Thunderbird: camshaft positioning sensor fir..V8

Where is the camshaft positioning sensor fir the 1995 Ford Thunderbird V8 OHC located?

Steve W :

Hello my name isXXXXX the cam sensor is located on the LH side of the front cover, here is instructions, any more questions just ask, Thanks Steve W

Customer:

Front cover....of the manifold?

Customer:

Looks pretty go9od, my husband ( he's a truck/heavyequipment mechanic) and son have the part, the OBDII said that was the problem, so, we're putting a new one on so it can be smogged & registered....but those two had looked and looked for days and couldn't figure out where that round little thinkg went! Thanks! I'll pay now, but, in case we need ot ask more questions as they get into this, can I contact you again?

Steve W :

Yes, just reply to this thread, thank you.

Customer:

Thanks much. I bought this car in '97, it's been terrific, gets 22 mpg, has been fairly trouble free, really, I gave it to my son and he really relies on it.

Customer:

Do I just stay signed on ? Or can I log in later and still find you?

Steve W :

No problem, any more questions just ask, Thanks again Steve W

Steve W :

You can log on later, reply to this, and when I sign on, it will tell me if you have another question.

Customer:

Okay, we're going to give it a try.....we'll give you a gold start for this one. Thanks again, and we'll talk to you later.

Steve W :

Ok, sounds good, thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Well, here we are, with a new wrinklle....it's a good thing you gave us the diagrams and directions for all those T-Bird engines, because, apparently, this car rolled off the assembly line late in the year and that last diagram really pertained more to this particular car, it's a 4.6L overhead-cam V8 but is made more like a '96 than a '95...weird, but's that how it seems.....anyway, looks like we got the wrong part and we never would have known unless we asked you in the first place!

Ayn other advice at this time? Thanks.

Oh, and an aside.....did they put dsome sort of governor or speed limiter on the civilan model so it throttles down over a certain speed? I always noted that it would do so at 104 mph, and I am pretty sure it's the same engine they used on police Crown Vic's.

Do you need a diagram for a 1996? I wasn't aware the sensors were different.

Yes the computers had a vehicle speed limiter, the police models did not, the engines are real close, the cams I believe are different along with a few other items, I know when you ask for parts in parts room they are always asking police package or not..

1996 cam sensor click here