Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist

2006 F150: dipstick..sticks and then you cnant get the stick out w/

I have a 2006 F150 wtih a stuck oil dipstick. The dealer said there is a small piece at the end of the stick that sticks and then you cnant get the stick out w/out breaking it. They told me to leave it alone and not worry about it. This truck only has 43,00 miles on it (5.4L motor) Is this expensive/ difficult to fix? Should I leave it alone. I found out from the dealer this is a common problem, deisgn not maitenance. Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

It is a fairly common problem - the oring on the dipstick seizes to the tube. The choice of whether to fix it is yours,depending if you want to be able to check your oil level or not. Not fixing it won't hurt anything.It is not difficult to replace. Click below for instructions. The parts are around $50 plus one hour labor to install.