Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.

why does my interior light keep coming on when the car is parked

Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 3 years ago.

Steve W :

Hello my name isXXXXX more than likely what is happening is the keyless entry pad is seeing a button depressed and then it turns the interior light on. If the interior light comes on and the keyless entry pad lights up outside, then this is a good indication the pad is at fault since the pad lights up any time a button is depressed. Any more questions just ask, Thanks Steve W

Customer:

can i correct this myself

Customer:

can i take care of this myself

Steve W :

Sure I can give you some instructions on keyless pad removal.

Customer:

ok

Steve W :

Is the pad lighting up the same time the lights come on?

Customer:

yes

Steve W :

Ok, let me see if I can find some info from the shop manual.

Customer:

k is this gonna kill my battery

Steve W :

Yes, it will run the battery down but shouldn't do damage unless the battery freezes.

Customer:

great lol

Customer:

we just got 3 inches of snow last week and all the melted snow ran down the door so i figured that had something to do with it

Steve W :

You are probably right.

Customer:

the snow is gone and the car did the same thing last year this time

Customer:

guesstimate price to fix this

Steve W :

I think the pad is 125? Maybe high?

Customer:

wow

Customer:

what state ru in

Steve W :

Ya, I think I'm high on that, I don't have pricing in front of me, did one a few weeks ago, More like 75 probably.

Steve W :

Iowa

Customer:

thats better

Customer:

my daughter is from nevada

Customer:

can a fly by night mech fix it or should i do ford

Steve W :

This is fairly easy, routing the wire is the hardest and its not bad.

Customer:

k i guess soon as possible to get it fixed females arent real good at things like this

Steve W :

Do you need instructions on door panel removal?

Customer:

im in evansville in town and country ford of course

Customer:

i have the printout u sent i can make a copy of it

Steve W :

yes

Customer:

k i guess tomorrow i get to get my car fixed thank you so much for ur help also i just came inside about an hour ago after the car had done that about five times and hasnt done it yet so maybe its done for the nite i hope so

Steve W :

Ok, sounds good thanks.

Customer:

preciate it keep warm my daughter says its cold there

Steve W :

Yes it is.

Customer:

thank you!

Steve W :

Thanks for using Just Answer!

Customer:

ur welcome

Steve W :

Don't forget to click accept if I have helped, so I can recieve credit for my work, Thanks

Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience: 28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.