Dieseljunky2, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified, Ford Certified, Cummins Certified, & 20+ years in field experience

Ford Escape XLS What size alan wrench do I need for the Brake

What size alan wrench do I need for the Brake caliper on a 2008 ford escape and where can I get one?

Dieseljunky2 :

Hello, the front uses a 9mm allen and an 18mm bolt, the rear uses a 7mm. If it has had the calipers serviced with aftermarket parts, it may have a torx type bolt if it is a torx type, it is 40 or 45 for them. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-nnsb3x5o- :

Thanks for your help where can I get a 9mm, I have been to the ford delarship and they didn't have any and I went to NAPA and the guy there had never seen a 9mm

Dieseljunky2 :

Autozone and sears have them in a set. I would get the set, because that way you will have the 7mm for the rear. Thanks